Thursday, January 15, 2009

Week 18

18 weeks is the start of the 5th month - which is technically half way through. However I think most MD's and books say 20 weeks is the halfway mark. So, either I am there or will be there in 10 days.

This week there has been a couple of big changes. Since Sunday my stomach is tight! I'm talking - you just ate 3 Thanksgiving meals plus a pumpkin pie and your stomach may explode - tight. It is so uncomfortable but I keep hearing it will ease up soon. We'll see. Maybe I'll just get used to it. That would be great! The positive is I know the tightness is from the baby/my belly growing!

Also, I am now exclusively wearing maternity pants. With the exception of sweats. It is great because most of them have an elastic waist and I feel like I am in sweatpants all of the time. How comfortable! If everyone could wear maternity pants and have it accepted I would definitely recommend it. People would be a lot happier and no one would have to unbutton their pants after a large meal to make room for their dinner!

I'll post a new pic this weekend when I will be 19 weeks! Almost half done.

1 comment:

Chrisanne said...

Tomica is almost half-baked...hooray! It was so good to see you guys last weekend. I hope you are not too uncomfortable right now and I am anxiously awaiting the 26th! PS- your recommendation has me craving maternity pants...only for the comfort, not the maternity part. I'm leaving that up to you!