Monday, January 5, 2009

17 Week Check-Up

We had another MD visit today. Things went well. I have officially gained 6 lbs. It seems like it should be more for almost half way through the pregnancy and since my pants don't fit anymore. We got to listen to the babies heart rate again. He/she is holding steady at 148 beats per minute. Dr. Kagan also measured the size of my uterus and we are right on track at 17.5 cm. For those that don't know how this is done because I surely didn't - they measure from pubic bone to belly button and it should measure 1 cm for every week you are pregnant with +/- 3 cm error. So, our baby is growing exactly as he/she should be. Our next visit is on January 26th and this is the big one! We get to find out if it is a boy or girl. This is going to be a slow-going 3 weeks! WE CAN'T WAIT!

Here is a picture of our son, Vince, to hold everyone over until the next Tomica bump watch posting (as appropriately named by Chrisanne).

1 comment:

Chrisanne said...

Hooray- I got a shout-out on your blog!! :) I am dying already for the 26th and even more for June 13th (give or take)...how do you stand it?? Give Vince a hug for me and I'll talk to you soon!!