Today I had my 37 week check-up. Sadly I have no news to report. I have not had any effacement/dilation progress since last week so the chances of having baby early are not high. Baby's heart rate was 150, just like last week. A funny thing happened though: while the nurse had the doppler on my belly trying to get a heart beat the baby kept kicking it off. It was so funny! I don't know if he knew it was there or if it was a coincidence but I liked it. The baby also kicked the OB and he said that the more active the baby was the less likely he would weigh a lot. Even though it hurts me know when baby kicks/moves I am changing my attitude to "bring it on" if it means he'll weigh less. No one should have to give birth to a 9-10 pounder.
We also found our pediatrician last week. His name is Dr. Russell and he is DO. Both Tom and I felt really comfortable with him and agreed with his points-of-view on vaccines, breast feeding, antibiotics, etc. I am telling you...I never thought I would have such strong opinions on some of these things but I definitely do.
Here is a belly photo from today:
Dear Baby,
Please come out soon! I want to meet you but I am also miserable. My feet hurt A LOT! If you come out soon I promise to give you lots of hugs and kisses (and milk)!
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:
I can't wait!!!!
Post a Comment